Wednesday, September 14, 2016




  
This week was great as usual; however,  Hermana Jara, on Saturday woke up with the gripe(the flu).  She had a fever and chills so the mission nurse told us to stay in the house all day. Poor Hermana Jara felt so bad Saturday and on Sunday we went to church but she was dying there, so after we called the nurse again, she told us to stay home until the fever was gone. 

I got to read a lot of the conference talks, which was like Christmas and I cannot wait for the talks of the conference coming up.  We have less than a month to prepare for conference!!!!!  I cannot wait but I guess I have to. 

We were at church yesterday and we were introduced to una hermana de Japan who is here to teach Japanese.  She speaks English and is learning Spanish, so when we were meeting her, I had to talk in English which was so hard. It was awkward how the words wouldn’t come.  When we teach her I will have to teach in English and I don’t know if I can do that.  Everything has its name in Spanish now. It isn’t the word of wisdom, it’s the palabra de sabiduria.  I have a lot of pictures to send too because the last week I couldn’t send them because the internet was slower than a snail.


A funny thing that happened this week was when we were at the church for a ward family home evening. They chose me to direct the himno because that is one thing they can trust me to do... so they said that we would sing himno 132 and I thought, “well that is weird that we are going to sing a Christmas song,” so I said "132?" Hermana Rhina nodded so I was ok with it. Because they don’t have pianos we have to give the tune so I started singing the first line of "The Primera Navidad." That was when the truth came out.  Everyone was so confused and Hermana Rhina started laughing because when I had heard 132 she had actually said 138.  It was pretty terrible.  Haha, I couldn’t stop laughing to direct the himno well, but in the end it was all good.  Now we have an inside joke. 



No comments:

Post a Comment