Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Feliz Navidad everybody !!!

This week was pretty normal.  We walked around in the sun and I might be a little tanner... Haha that is not true. 

One thing I learned is that I will not ever drink alchohol. That is very certain. I have seen how it ruins people who could be so happy and I do not want that at all.  There really are blessings that come from the commandments. If it isn´t something new in your life, it is that it doesn´t take something away either. For example:

We found this cute little girl who wanted us to come to her house to talk to her parents and help them because they are alcoholics.  The mom is absolutely crazy as a drunk and her daughter who is 9 takes care of her as well as the father. Maybe the blessings wouldn´t be out of the ordinary for us, but the lack of those "ordinary blessings" like to be able to live in a family and take care of your kids and to be sober and in control of your life, is proof of the fact that there are blessings as we live the Word of Wisdom. (Sorry if it doesn´t make sense).

Everyone is in the giving mood and for this I am fatter. What they have here are tortillas but they aren´t like normal tortillas. They are super fat and thick and little. They are like rocks of corn, and yesterday, I had to eat 4!!!!  They eat them here to kill hunger and they sometimes cook them in a ton of oil and normally I only eat one on days when I am really hungry.  But yesterday, every two hours,(not kidding), we were given a whole meal complete with tortillas. Everything  was fried in oil and I haven´t seen a single veggie. I am going to die this Christmas. I have already told myself that I will not eat tortillas or bread this coming year. That is absolutely not acceptable any more. 

(Mom insert….In response to my request to know where her home is located so that I can try to find it on Google Earth, Joy responded with) …. Mom, I live by the hospital in the Avenida Utila (Utila Avenue).   There is a school behind us and we have a banana tree in the back yard. 

I want everyone to be very grateful this Christmas for what they have. I am so grateful for every one of you and I want you to all be so happy. I love you lots. 

Nos Vemos Domingo !!!!  (See you Sunday)
Con amor,


Hermana Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment