Tuesday, July 26, 2016


                                                                   

Joy Ashton                    Sent from Joy on Monday, July 25, 2016

This week was so good! I still don’t know how to speak Spanish but it is ok because poco a poco I will!
So this week we were washing our dishes out in our pila and all of a sudden hna Jara shrieked and pointed at the wall. I for some reason was expecting to see a bat so when I saw a spider whose body was the size of a dollar coin and whose legs were long enough to wrap around a golf ball and touch, I was relieved. I sprayed it off into the tub of water but it got out so I took off my shoe and smashed it.
Not two minutes later, there was another scream from my peruvian next to me shrieking something that sounded like "gran." So I thought ok, there is another big spider.  But, that was not it.  On the first day that I came she showed me a picture of a scorpion they had in their apartment and so when she said "como el foto" I was enlightened. The word "alacran", which sounded like “gran”,  means scorpion. So I went inside and got a shoe nd and I smashed it.  




                                                      

The next day we went to San Salvador so I could get a visa permit thing and while we were there we talked to the other sisters and one of them had a scorpion too and the way they killed it was with a stack of  Liahona magazines.
The next night we were taking care of business as usual and getting ready for bed and hna Jara opened our door so she could leave to go brush her teeth and on the ground was a moving black alacran the size of our cell phone.  So trying not to panic that the alacran was in our house knocking at our bedroom door,  I put on my highest shoes and went to the room that holds all the stuff we store and found a box of folletos that was perfect for the job. The giant scorpion was moving toward the bathroom and then its life ended. It lives in heaven with Jesus now and was ironically killed with a heavy box of pamphlets about him.
We were trying to find an antigua investigator and we could not find her anywhere. We were asking people in the streets and no one knew where she lived, but one person sent us down a street where a family was out talking.  So we started talking to them and explained that we are missionaries and the mom was super excited to talk to us. She is a religious, spiritual person so we went back and she is so ready! But, when we left her house after looking for two days for the antigua, a woman started talking to us and we asked her name and it was the antigua who we were searching for!!!!!! The Lord is going before us!  It was so cool!!!!
I taught an English class and it went horribly but that is ok!!

I love you all!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment