Monday, January 9, 2017

This week was great! Since we now live in La Pacifica, we have sooooo many members, less actives, inactives, and non-members. La Pacifica is so full of people it is awesome! The reason that this area is so great for the sisters is that there are so many families here, but the men go to work during the day so when the elders were out, they couldn´t teach any lessons because they could only find women. But we are here now and so happy to help them out! 

Did I mention that there are a lot of less actives here in our area? We have been focusing on finding the less actives and inactives this week and there are a lot who have family who aren´t members. We also have some great families who are super active who have helped us make some visits and yesterday we had a miracle of miracles.

In the sacrament meeting we arrived with the cutest investigator. Her name is Mirian and I feel like I have already known her here. I don´t know from where but I swear I have already taught her. She is super adorable. She is 14 and her grandma is super supportive of her going to church and of her baptism. We passed by her house at 8 am because the buses on Sundays take forevvvvvver. We had called a lot of other investigators and they had "fallen ill", or were lazy and didn´t want to walk saying, "The car was still getting fixed." (Weird because the people here are very accustomed to walking because very few have cars). But, we arrived with her and other members brought investigators which is like the first time this has happened on my mission where the members brought people!!!!! (I really do enjoy the Pacifica).

We arrived and the sacrament meeting was stuffffffed.  I kept looking around and every time there were more people. And do you know what? We had 25 LESS ACTIVES in the sacrament meeting! Holy cow! I was so happy. It was such a miracle. They came, and they came as families! Everyone is so much more motivated! I love it! 

A lot of the people who came we hadn´t even visited that week but the members reached out. They brought some of the less actives. It was crazy. 

Our leaders called us last night to make sure that the 25 wasn´t a mistake. Haha. 

We are getting super excited for the wedding of Marisol. She is an investigator of ours who will get married this January 21st and she needs attendances at church so her baptismal date has been put off until the 4 de febrero.  She is so excited! I am so happy for her! She and her family will be so happy. Her husband is a member so we are working on activating him and in a year they are getting sealed! That is the goal!

This week I have been thinking a lot about the restoration of the gospel. The Liahona for this month is awesome. It talks a lot about the restoration and about Jose Smith and about prayer. I have been reflecting a lot on prayer. It is the way that our investigators can know if the church is true. It is the way that they can communicate with their Heavenly Father like I can communicate with mine. We all have prayer, but like it says in James 1:5 we have to ask with faith, doubting nothing. 

I read today about faith and about subjecting our will to God. I loved that. That is what I have been trying to do more. I want to do His will. 

In the Liahona I read: 
David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has said: “For many of us, conversion is an ongoing process and not a onetime event that results from a powerful or dramatic experience. Line upon line and precept upon precept, gradually and almost imperceptibly, our motives, our thoughts, our words, and our deeds become aligned with the will of God” (“Converted unto the Lord,” Liahona,Nov. 2012, 107–8).

I wrote this on a note and I want to remember it.
            “It is the little things that we change that change us as a whole.” 

Keep reading your scriptures. If you have a doubt, a question, a hope, pray and God will answer, Pero pida con fe, no dudando nada  (Pray with faith, nothing doubting). 

I love you!

Hna Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment