Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I hope Cathy is ok. I am praying for her. (This is in reference to her sister Catherine who may have to have her gall bladder out).

This week we had intercambios with the Hermanas de Cojutepeque. Hna. Tumax, the previous Hna leader, (she came home to our house), and Hna. Hernandez,(she came with me from the CCM)(the Missionary Training Centre in Guatemala?). It was so fun. We celebrated the birthday of Hna. Hernandz by making baleadas, her favorite dish from Hondurus where she lives. They were really good. 

I love it when I recognize the spirit in my life. We were visiting a less active sister who lives a little far away. We were behind schedule too so I was thinking about the people that we had to visit that lived abajo (down). But I got the impression that we needed to visit a family that lives near her. I didn´t want to at first but then I thought, "where did this thought come from?" and I realized that it came out of the blue and that it wasn´t my personal thought but that the spirit was directing me. 

So after that I told Hna.Tumax that we would visit one more family before we went to the other part of our area. We arrived at the house and everything was normal so we entered and there sat the mom and her son in law who we have passed in the street several times.  Hna. Evans and I. Hna.Tumax and I sat down, sang a hymn, and then we shared a scripture.  Then we asked the son- in- law if he was baptized and he said no and so we invited him and he said yes he would prepare himself for a baptismal date. Then when we left, Hna. Tumax said "Wow! I always wanted to talk to him. He always passed by us before, but this time he was in the house, and is the son- in- law of a member!"
It was pretty cool that I could recognize the spirit telling us to go visit him.

We also got burritos and they were super delicious.

I love you all!


Hermana Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment