Monday, October 30, 2017

This week went by fast.

I don’t know how it passes so fast. The time is on a race track and wants to win. But I don’t know who it is competing with because it has left me far behind.

On Monday we helped Chinameca move houses.

Supposedly this week we were supposed to have a hurricane but in San Miguel it was just cloudy and rained lightly on Saturday.  We were just dandy.  But I was worried for those in Centro and  in San Salvador. I think it was harder for them there. I am grateful that we are protected. 

I have been thinking a lot about personal revelation this week. It is so important. I don’t know what my life would be like without it. It has been so important but also really difficult to recieve. I have had to think a lot of things out in my mind and had to pray a lot. And now that I know how powerful fasting is, I have used it as a tool to help me learn what I need to do.

God answers prayers. Sometimes quickly but also he waits. He tries us to know how badly we want an answer. He wants to know if we have real intention. Real intention is when we put our desires to the side and let God direct us.

Humility is also very important. Sometimes our pride gets in the way when God wants to make us something that we don’t want to be. He sees our potential. 

I like the story by Hugh B. Brown about the current bush that he had, but he cut it back. When he didn’t get the advancement in the army that he wanted. He remembered how he had cut the bush down so it would have fruit and then thought about how God is the gardener. 

This is so true. Sometimes because we don’t want to change something or we don’t want to be seen as something small or something or other, our pride gets in the way of our personal revelation. 

God wants to guide us in all that we do, but we have to listen to the spirit and follow its promptings. That can be hard when we are in a world that doesn’t let us listen. The world is really loud. It throws a lot of things in our faces to make us forget about the important things. We have to see above those clouds and breath in the fresh air and accept the will of God. 

It isn’t easy. But, little by little we are able to make these little changes. I know that this is true. I love the gospel so much because it teaches us that we can have our own communication with our Heavenly Father. It is a such a blessing to have a relationship with him. 

Heavenly Father loves us and will lead us back to him. I love him too. I have been so blessed by this gospel and I hope to bring it to as many as possible here at the end of this race.

I love you all and I hope that everyone is happy and well!

Happy Halloween!
Love,

Hna Ashton





No comments:

Post a Comment