Monday, August 22, 2016

Sent from Joy on 8/ 22/ 2016

This week was AWESOME!  Pedrito got baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday!  He is such a good kid!  I am so happy for him. On the way to the baptism we took a bus as usual but it was one ride to remember. This bus driver would pump the brake to the beat of the music and he had the bass up all the way so we could feel the Spanish rap on our way to the church for Pedrito´s baptism and salvation :)

The service was bonito y I was so happy!

Another reason that I am so very happy this week is because Hermana Jara and I don’t have cambios!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( For all of us Gringos out there, this means they aren’t being transferred).  We are going to frame the words "Ashton y Jara forever and ever" en nuestra casa!  Really we are so grateful!  And what is more, is that we are the only companionship in our zone that is not getting split. La unica!  Really it is a miracle!

Last p-day we went up a mountain and it was bonita.  We were able to see Honduras and the ocean.  It was Hermana Jara´s first time up a mountain and the pobrecita got a scratch on her leg.  But it was really fun with the whole zone so it is sad that so many people are changing out.  We have all become good friends! 

We had a conference for just the trainers and trainees this week and we got to share how we were learning how we feel and I think that Hna Jara and I are the best friends of all the companionships!  En serio!   We are besties. It is going to be the worst day when we have to change out. 

We also did a service activity this week and we used machetes to cut the weeds. I also got my very first burn in El Salvador.  I have been very faithful in putting on my sunscreen but that day was brutal.  EVERY missionary got burnt. The next day at district meeting it was very apparent that the sun got us all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment