Monday, April 10, 2017

This week I learned to have more patience with people because the gospel cannot be learned in one day. I realize that I was taught the gospel for 19 years before I got here and only now am I understanding parts of it.

We had intercambios con hna rivera and hna osuna and we visited lots of really great and receptive people. They only needed to understand the restoration better. I think that it can be really fun to teach the people and when they understand, it is so rewarding.
With my companion Hna Salguero this week we were able to remember all the events in our lives that helped us gain a testimony of the gospel. Then we were able to know that what we are doing is one of things in other people’s lives that will help them gain a testimony.

I love the gospel so much.

I remember that I could receive a testimony when I read the Book of Mormon. If we read the Book of Mormon every day, we will have the shield against the temptation to doubt. I know this better now.
For many weeks I had been studying all the scriptures that I could in the Bible to be able to teach the people with their own scriptures, and I was leaving behind the keystone of the restoration. The Book of Mormon is the evidence that this is the true church of Christ. I was very weak. But on Saturday, after one of our lessons, I was frustrated, because I wasn’t able to feel the spirit. I wasn’t able to remember how I gained a testimony. I couldn’t remember anything in my history of the church.

We were in the street and we sat down. Hna Salguero helped me remember about all the events that have happened. How every goal that we have had, is because we have the gospel and we know that it is true. I was able to remember how when I had read the Book of Mormon, I was able to gain a testimony of Joseph Smith and of the restoration of the gospel. I was able then to get up and go. I felt so much better, because for a good while, Satan was attacking my testimony of the things that make the church of Christ different from all the others.

I know that the Bible is the word of God, but every church has the Bible. What we need to read if we want to know if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true, is the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that through him, Jesus Christ was able to restore the priesthood to the earth and we are able to perform the ordinances that will get us back to the presence of God with our families. That is what the true church of God can do for us.

I love you all, and I love the gospel, and I love the Book of Mormon, and I love with all my heart, my Savior.

Con amor,  







Hna Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment