Saturday, September 2, 2017

I am quite well here. My faith has been strengthened this week while I have been working in our area and with the people that want to learn the gospel. 

This week we were able to find a family that is super awesome. They live close to the house and are really willing to learn. The father, Mario, we contacted in the bus and he asked for a Book of Mormon and then he told us his address and we went but we couldn’t find it! It was horrible because he was going to be waiting but we couldn’t find him. So we had decided to get over the fact that there were Jehovah’s Witnesses in the house where we thought he was.  

But we were walking in the street like normal and we passed by two men talking and we said "buenas" and kept walking because it is better not to contact men, but we were called back and it was Mario! and he asked us why we didn’t go to his house that day and we told him that we couldn’t find his house and he told us that he wanted to read more. That is when the guy he was talking with said that he had more to read. We were super surprised when he came back out with Liahonas that he gave to Mario. We asked him if he was a member and he said yes! 

So we set some appointments with them both and told them that we would pass by. It was cool because we were able to find a less active and a great investigator at the same time! 

We went and visited Mario and he was there with his whole family and they are super kind and they listened and were interested in everything that we shared. After the visit, they invited us back for dinner tomorrow. You have no idea how crazy that is. This never happens. They are going to give us dinner and they aren’t even members.  A lot of the time not even members feed us. 

But Mario and his wife and his 2 daughters and son are all going to read the Book of Mormon together and tomorrow we will have a family home evening with them. Pray that everything goes well!  They are a complete family.

I think my camera works. The charger is fried so I will have to look for a charger but one of the other missionaries has my same camera and has let me use the charger and I hope that it doesn’t stop again. It is charging right now. I don’t know if it is the battery because I was charging it and it says that it charges but then it doesn’t. Hmmmm.  Pray that it does. It is very nice of everyone to help me. I will try to figure it all out.

I am praying for you all a lot. I hope that you guys are safe and that daddy is recovering and that Jens and Karlee are healthy. Everyone needs to take care of themselves. Be good and pray and read the scriptures…. and go to church! 

I know that the Book of Mormon plays a huge part in our conversion process!  The spirit will always testify of its truthfulness. I am sure that the promise in moroni 10:3-5 can be given to all who read, reflect, ponder, and pray with sincerity. It is true. I know it. 

I love you all!

Be good!

Love, Hna Ashton


No comments:

Post a Comment