Monday, September 11, 2017

I’m with my new companion Hna Hernandez from Honduras!

She is great!  We arrived to the mission together and we had to do practices together in the CCM so she knows and testifies to the people of the gift of tongues!  Haha!

We are finding a lot of new people here and working hard! 

We have been working with less actives and their families because a lot of the time if there is a less active then there is a baptism in their house. We have found lots of less actives! 

They always gift us lemons, so today we are going to make lemon pie.  It is delicious.

My comp loves lemons. She taught me to cut up apples and to eat them with salt and lemon juice. It is really yummy. 

Haha and this story isn’t sugarcoated either. It has a lot of lemon and even more salt…… because of sweat eeewwwww...(I think Joy means she is sweating a lot). 

This week before we went to church we pretty much walked our whole area because a lot of people were committed the day before to come to church.  But  the members who have cars wouldn’t be able to know where the people live so we got up early and walked all over the world and made sure that everyone was getting ready to go and thankfully there was one investigadora who would have a car and she is friends with the rest of them so she would pick them up and all go together. We passed by for her and she was getting ready so we went to the house of another friend and she and the kids were all dressed and ready to go so we thought "MIRACLE" and so we went to get two other people who had said ‘very surely’ that they would go and we got to their houses and they weren’t there because they were at a wedding "but don’t worry, it is a Chrisian wedding" and we went to the other house and that house was locked and they couldn’t leave... so we hauled it to church and got there right when it was starting and we looked around for the investigatores who were all ready and they weren’t there and it worried us a little but we were patient and we waited and looked out the door and windows every time a car passed and we waited and waited and waited and in the end, no one showed up. The only investigator that we had was Yancy who was brought by members. 

So we learned yet again not to trust anyone...  because that is a lesson that we learn a lot down here. No one does what they say they will. I’m sorry to all you people who, if I ever said to you that I would do something and then didn’t do it. I have recognized a pattern and I know that I have done that several times in my life... but repentance is real. I am very grateful for it!  Jaja.

But at church I was sweaty and gross as usual. Sundays are like that. 

So we also learned that members are great people too who can go and get investigatores and I know that you all live in Utah and that there aren’t missionaries asking for your help but that is also because the members should bring their own references. So I want all of you..

ALLL…..
to think of a family who you can invite to your family home evening this next week. Plan it well. Have snacks, and invite the missionaries.   It also doesn’t have to be on a Monday. You never know who might want to learn more. 

If you do it, you will all see how the hand of God works.  Your own testimonies of missionary work will be strengthened. 

So pray today to know who you can invite to the family home evening and
then invite them to church. 
It is really fun!

Mom. You have asked about Mario’s family. They are never there to answer the door. So we’re not sure what is up with them... 

But I am good. All is really good here. I think this is my last change in this area so I am making the most of it!  We are going to give it everything that we have!


I love you all so much.

Hna Ashton




No comments:

Post a Comment